Tuesday 17 March 2009

My first French cold!!!

My first French cold........

Not been very well today as suffering from a crazy French cold, the problem is I don't seem to understand the germs as they are French......have not yet covered this in my class!!!

Spent the day chilling round Chatenay -Malibu, the usual going to la boulangerie and buying the bread and sitting on my balcony in the sun reading my french book (well trying). I have made friends with the lady in my local boulangerie and she was kind enough to let me put up an advert for babysitting which has paid off as I have already had 2 phone calls ;-) JB my personal assistant tends to deal with the phone calls as they speak a little fast for me :-)

I have been watching my favourite programme Poirot not just in English I am now also trying it in French.....check me out!! I meet with a Lady in my town every Sunday morning for conversational exchange, and she also loves Poirot ( I have found a French me).....and she has leant me every episode whoop whoop!!

Going to venture out this week and find a swimming pool.......will let you know how that goes!?!?

Seeing my friend Karen tomorrow for my first french cinema trip...very excited :-)

1 comment:

  1. Bonsoir Ruthie I'm very jealous of you being able to shop in a boulangerie, we have to make do with boring old tesco... Hope you're feeling better now - let me know how the fairy cakes turn out! Sxx

    ReplyDelete